Do you need assistance? Contact Sales
A compact, all-in-one photogrammetry tool.
The BLK3D combines a calibrated stereo camera, measurement sensors, software, and on-device edge detection capabilities to make in-picture measurements with professional-grade accuracy. Every image captured is a complete and precise 3D measurement record.
Measure in picture for fast, accurate results.
The BLK3D is designed to make your measurements faster and easier to take within any picture you can capture with the device. It will help you fully document your work, including as-built conditions and project progress.
BLK3D Mission Kit
Target Calibration Plate for BLK3D: Size A3
BLK3D Protective Case
BLK3D 1 Year Warranty Extension
BLK3D 2 Year Warranty Extension
A smart, simple, and easy-to-use tool for photogrammetry.
The BLK3D—similar to a smartphone in shape, size, and operation—uses advanced algorithms for edge detection and measuring within 2D pictures. The touchscreen interface is user-friendly and powerful with precise photogrammetry at your fingertips.
Multiple functions with advanced technology.
As part of an everyday kit, professionals can make faster decisions within their daily workflows—whether measuring inaccessible locations, creating floor plans, estimating building installations, documenting construction site progress or creating measurable, as-built documentation.
Access, organize, share, and store images.
Store images on the device or use USB-C or WLAN to transfer images and data to your computer. Organize your projects by tagging measurable images with searchable keywords for easy recall and share them in multiple formats.
Click here to learn more about the BLK3D Mobile and Desktop Software.
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||180.6 x 77.6 x 27.1 mm (7.11 x 3.06 x 1.07 in)|
|Weight (with rechargeable battery)||480 g (17 oz)|
|Temperature range||Storage: -25 to 60 °C (-13 to 140 °F), Operation: -10 to 50 °C (14 to 122 °F)
Charging: 0 to 40 °C (32 to 104 °F)
|Tripod adapter||Supports 1/4-20 UNC screw adapters|
|Operating system||Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)|
|Processor (with integrated GPU)||Snapdragon 820E QuadCore (2.35 GHz)|
|RAM Memory||4 GB|
|Screen||5.0” IPS, HD 720x1280 LCD capacitive multi-touch screen, chemically strengthened, brightness: 450 cd/m2|
|Stereo camera||Pixels: 2 x 10 MP (15.8 cm diagonal base line), Field of view: 80°, Focal length: 4.0 mm (22 mm in 35 mm equiv. in 1:1), Aperture: F3.0|
|EDM camera||Pixels: 2 MP, Field of view: 14°|
|I/O||USB Type-C 1.0 for data transfer and charging (waterresistant), integrated speaker and microphone|
|Keyboard||Three physical buttons (Power, Laser/Photo capture, Photo capture), four touch buttons (Back, Home, Recents, Laser/Photo capture)|
|Additional sensors||Compass, 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope|
|Laser type||655 nm, 0.95 mW|
|Internal storage||64 GB (equals 14000 single-shot or 5000 multi-shot 3D images)|
|Bluetooth® Smart||Bluetooth v4.1 and v2.1, Radiated power: 1.78 mW (BLE)
Radiated power: 10.00 mW (BT classic), Frequency: 2402-2480 MHz
|Wireless LAN||Standard: 802.11 b/g/n, Radiated power: 6.31 mW
Frequency: 2412-2472 to 2412-2462 MHz
|GPS||A-GPS and GLONASS|
|Battery||Rechargable battery pack Li-ion, (3.80 V, 3880 mAh, 14.7 Wh)F|
|Power management||AC adapter (input: 100-240 V AC), External charger (input: 100-240 V AC) (optional)|
|Charge time||< 3.5 h (with AC adaptor), < 5h (with optional external charger)|
|Operating time||Typical capture: 4h / 220 multi-shot captures 1
Continuous capture: 2.5 h /1000 single-shot captures1
Laser measurements: 6.5 h / 9500 laser measurements
Auto power off after 3 h in sleep mode
3D Image Distance Measurement
|2D in-picture accuracy 2/3||± 3 mm (0.12 in)|
|3D in-picture accuracy 2/3||± 6 mm (0.24 in)|
Laser Distance Measurement
|Accuracy with favourable conditions4||± 1.0 mm (0.04 in)6|
|Accuracy with unfavourable conditions5||± 2.0 mm (0.08 in)6|
|Range with favourable conditions4||250 m (820 ft)|
|Range with unfavourable conditions5||120 m (394 ft)|
|Smallest unit displayed||0.1 mm (1/32 in)|
|X-Range Power Technology™||yes|
|Ø laser point at distances||6 / 30 / 60 mm (10 / 50 / 100 m)|
|Measuring tolerance to laser beam7||± 0.2°|
|Measuring tolerance to housing7||± 0.2°|
P2P Measurement with DST 360 (Optional)
|Working range vertical sensor||-64° to > 90°|
|Accuracy vertical sensor up to||± 0.1°|
|Working range horizontal sensor||360°|
|Accuracy horizontal sensor up to||± 0.1°|
|Tolerance P2P function at distances (combination of sensors and distance measuring) approx.||± 2 mm / 2 m, ± 5 mm / 5 m, ± 10 mm /10 m°|
|Levelling range||± 5°|
Software Options Overview
|BLK3D Mobile (included)||Reality Capture, Laser, Organiser, 3D Image export to pdf and jpg|
|Sketch & Document Option (optional)||Sketch Plan , P2P Measure, Smart Room, Plan export to pdf, jpg, DXF and DWG (2D/3D/raw)|
|BLK3D Desktop Base (optional)||Organiser, Measure, working with plans|
|3D Model Option (optional)||3D Modelling on 3D Images|
|Minimum system requirements||Windows 8.1, 10 with 64-bit; 6 GB RAM|
1) Wi-Fi® off, Bluetooth® off, flash off, screen brightness 50%.
2) Multi-shot with recommended baseline length (all except 2.5 m 2D).
3) Measurement precision, accuracy, and reliability are dependent upon various factor including distance and position to object, baseline length, texture of object, light conditions, ambient temperature, calibration etc. Figures quoted assume normal to favorable conditions at close range and are subject to change.
4) Applies to 100 % target reflectivity (white painted wall), low background illumination, 25 ºC.
5) Applies to 10 to 100 % target reflectivity, high background illumination, - 10 ºC to + 50 ºC.
6) Tolerances apply to ranges from 0.05 m to 10 m with a confidence level of 95%. The maximum tolerance may deteriorate to 0.1 mm/m between 10 m to 30 m, to 0.20 mm/m between 30 m to 100 m and to 0.30 mm/m for distances above 100 m.
7) After user calibration. Additional angle related deviation of ±0.0.1° per degree up to ±45° in each quadrant.
8) A single-shot is only recommended up to a distance of 2.5 meters to the target object
9) 2D distances
10) Long 2D distances (corner to corner measurements in a 3D Image) and 3D distances
11) Multi-shot with recommended baseline length of 10% of the distance to the target object
12) Measurement precision, accuracy, and reliability are dependent upon various factors including distance and position to object, baseline length, texture of object, light conditions, ambient temperature, calibration etc. Figures quoted are subject to change.
- Leica BLK3D User Manual
English | German | Spanish | Swedish | Russian | Portuguese | Japanese | Italian | French | Chinese | Korean
- Leica BLK3D Desktop User Manual
English | German | Spanish | Swedish | Russian | Portuguese | Japanese | Italian | French | Chinese
- Leica BLK3D Quickstart Guide (English, German, French)
- Leica BLK3D Quickstart Guide (Spanish, Swedish, Japanese)
- Leica BLK3D Quickstart Guide (Italian, Russian, Chinese)
- Leica BLK3D Spec Sheet
- Leica BLK3D Software V2.1 (Requires license for activation)