The BLK3D portfolio consists of the hardware (BLK3D Imager), as well as two software platforms: mobile & desktop.
What is BLK3D Mobile?
The BLK3D Mobile (or field) software runs on-board the BLK3D imager. It is a proprietary app that runs exclusively on BLK3D hardware, which is why it is not available in the Google Play store. However, the app functionality and user interface will be familiar to smartphone users.
What is BLK3D Desktop?
The BLK3D Desktop software is an extension of the mobile functionality which runs on Windows laptops and desktops.
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 or 8.1 with 64-bit
- 6 GB RAM available
- Mouse with scroll wheel for efficient zoom & point selection
Do I need to purchase additional software to use the BLK3D?
You do not! In fact, the BLK3D is ready to use right out of the box without any additional subscriptions. BLK3D Mobile Basic comes pre-installed from the factory and allows users to capture and measure 3D images in Reality Capture, manage 3D images and BLK3D Projects in Organizer, and use the on-board laser distance meter to take measurements without any additional costs.
For more advanced functions and uses, we offer various options for users to increase productivity and efficiency that are available to purchase as annual subscriptions.
I see a wide selection of subscriptions on your website. Which options are right for me?
Optional Subscriptions for BLK3D Mobile:
- Sketch & Document Subscription – Mobile Sketch & Document allows users to sketch a new plan or work with existing plans on their BLK3D. This subscription is extremely valuable for field work; it has many options for sketching rooms or uploading PDF/JPG plans, capturing dimensions of interior spaces, and photo documentation.
- Mobile Publisher Subscription – One of our most popular subscriptions, BLK3D Mobile Publisher allows users in the field to capture & share measurements with anyone, anywhere as long as they have a WiFi or hotspot connection. Images are uploaded to BLK3D Web and can be shared with a unique hyperlink with no license required for the recipient, who can then open images in a web browser of their choice to measure and export them.
- Mobile Autodesk BIM 360 Subscription – For existing users of Autodesk BIM 360, this option will populate BIM 360 Docs with measurable photos. Users can closely collaborate by assigning issues with actionable information. Anyone with access to your BIM 360 project will have the ability to take measurements in BLK3D Web, without any need for local software installations or licenses. For general contractors, subcontractors, architects and consultants, the BIM 360 integration brings field conditions directly to decision makers.
Optional Subscriptions for BLK3D Desktop:
- Desktop Base Subscription – This Windows-based software is an extension of the BLK3D Mobile App and it enables users to organize, back-up, and measure from their 3D images. This is an essential piece of office software that we recommend for all BLK3D users.
- Desktop Publisher Subscription – Similar to BLK3D Mobile with the exception that users can publish images from a desktop computer. This option is ideal for users who prefer to work with their 3D images primarily in the office. Inside of BLK3D Desktop, a simple right click on a 3D image in Organizer will allow users to generate a unique link to the photo. The links can be shared or embedded almost anywhere for use by anyone with a web browser and internet connection.
- Desktop Autodesk BIM 360 Subscriptions – Office-based users of BIM 360 will appreciate this integration to access their projects and manage their 3D images. Similar to the Mobile integration, users can populate their issues with measurable photos to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration between project stakeholders.
- Desktop 3D Model Subscription - By adding the 3D Model subscription, you will have the possibility to visualize your measured points and lines in 3D, and export your measurements as DWG/DXF file for use in the CAD program of your choice.